Full Beauty Brands / Woman Within New York, NY
Senior Art Director, August 2008–May 2017
- Maintain a clear brand vision across not only 56 catalogs per year, but also related collateral and a wide variety of promotions.
- Direction of photography for both catalog and web use.
- Direction of creative for both special promotions and new concepts.
- Concept building and execution of launch for new spin-off division, Full Beauty Sport.
Lillian Vernon White Plains, NY
Creative Director, June 2003–July 2008
- Functioned to ensure appropriate and brand-consistent creative vision for 15-25 catalogs/year.
- Worked to create alignment between direct-mail & web efforts by opening communication between these parties & the various, specialized merchants.
Marke Communications New York, NY
Associate Creative Director, July 1999–May 2003
- Generate creative for 15 catalogs per year, including women’s ready-to-wear, upscale home fashion and fine jewelry; supervising the implementation of creative concepts into actual production.
- Assemble and manage creative teams of 8-10 members for each project including
copywriters, art directors, photographers, stylists and desktop specialists.
- Prepare and present workable, effective and insightful concepts to clients, creative
director and design team.
- Instrumental in the design and launch of Crossing Point Catalog and Jane + Co.
- Contributed to the startup and implementation of an in-house digital photo studio.
Accounts: Limited To, Gump’s, Gump’s Interiors, Fortunoff, Jane + Co., Crossing Pointe, Le Club, Finlay Jewelry, 1-800-Flowers, Playboy, MishMash
Brogan & Tennyson, Inc. New York, NY
Senior Art Director, November 1997–July 1999
- Design seasonal and promotional concepts for direct mail, POP and supporting collateral based on the marketing strategies, budgets, sales goals and image of each client.
- Oversee the implementation of design concepts from initial client presentation
to final delivery.
- Assemble and direct a professional free-lance staff for each project, including
illustrators, designers, stylists, copywriters and photographers.
- Interface with Account Executives, client contacts, printers, vendors and manufacturers to ensure production quality, concept consistency, schedule and budget adherence.
Accounts: Lillian Vernon, La Cumbra Plaza, American Express, Lechters, Company Store, Century City, World Financial Center, Newport News
Avanti Press New York, NY
Senior Art Director, May 1996 to November 1997
- Worked one-on-one with each client to develop creative concepts for catalogs, in-store
displays and promotional materials, including national department stores and retailers, manufacturers and organizations.
- Supervised the development and production of more than 25 publications from original concept, through all technical stages to pre-press.
- Developed technical printing expertise and working knowledge of electronic printing systems.
- Maintained printing and production schedules.
Accounts: Parisian, Dillards, Lechters, Dayton Hudson, Royal Caribbean
Toys“R”Us Paramus, NJ
Art Director for U.S. Market, May 1994 to May 1996
- Created advertising concepts to promote all areas of merchandise from infant to pre-teen.
- Interfaced with suppliers and manufacturers such as Hasbro, Disney and Play School to ensure image and copy consistency and accuracy.
- Responsible for wide-ranging projects including catalogs, newspaper inserts, direct mail, high-end promotions, in-store displays and corporate identity pieces.
Avanti Press Miami, FL
Art Director, August 1989 to May 1994
- Designed and produced all promotional materials with special emphasis on catalogs, ads and media kits.
- Supervised each project through all stages using an in-house production/art staff of 50 to 60 people.
- Responsible for meeting budgetary allowances and deadlines.
Accounts: Dillard’s, Godiva, Carson Pirie Scott, Girl Scouts of America, Delta Airlines, Dayton Hudson, Marshal Field’s